The behavior and health of your pet might concern you at times, which often become very anxious for you. Pet-owners are always worried about the physical and mental health of their furry or feathery friend. From highly expensive to imported products, they use everything to keep their pet happy and healthy. Pet is a lively addition to your family, which others can never understand. Looking after them and making sure what goes on in their mind and soul is your ultimate responsibility. Nonetheless, to say, having a child and pet are the same.
Is pet CBD just a trend?
The newest temptation that pet-owners are experiencing these days is the use of CBD oil. Humans have been using them for quite a long time. Since humans have observed quite remarkable effects of CBD oil on their health, therefore animal lovers have suggested using this oil on animals as well. It is more like a pet-caring strategy that needs fulfillment rather than a temptation. CBD oil has been a trend since always, but since the pattern is now introduced in the animals, we can see pet-lovers confused and doubtful about it. The big question mark is hovering over their minds about whether this is a good and natural response. Any experiment over their pets is definitely not a good idea. The love of owners towards their pets demands factual information so that they don’t regret hurting their pets in any way.
For pet-owners, it is crucially to know what CBD oil is. It is extracted from a plant known as Cannabis Sativa. Cannabidiol is used for various purposes among humans. This phytocannabinoid is mainly derived from a type of Cannabis called hemp. Hemp contains a mild concentration of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Other varieties of Cannabis contain a high level of THC, which is harmful to both humans and animals. Experts claim that CBD oil for pets is not only beneficial for their health but also shows long-term advantages.
Why is CBD oil beneficial for your pet?
CBD oil for pets has a very prominent impact on their health. It is used in managing many conditions in pets.
- Animals that experience epileptic seizures can try using CBD oil. Since CBD oil has anticonvulsant properties, therefore it stops firing of nerve impulses and halts the seizure.
- CBD oil has anti-cancerous properties as well. If your pet has a wound or lump, it is suggested to give it CBD oil.
- Anxiety is widespread among pets. They pant, tremble, whimper, and don’t sleep in a state of anxiety. CBD oil has anti-anxiety and serotonin-boosting properties, which keep your pet calm. They observe a proper sleeping pattern and have their meals on time.
- Pets that are home-trained often experience diarrhea, abdominal pain, bloody stools, and weight loss upon ingesting anything from outside. CBD oil can manage such condition as it has anti-inflammatory properties which interact with immune cells.
- In many pets, arthritis is commonly observed. They have difficulty walking due to swollen joints and pain. Since CBD oil has anti-inflammatory properties, it can help reduce pain and inflammation.
- Some unlucky animals experience fall victim to autoimmune diseases. These diseases can be very painful and often prove to be fatal. CBD oil can’t cure this condition but helps to manage it.
How to pick the best CBD oil for pets?
Now that the pet-owners know what CBD oil is and what its benefits are, they need to pick the best one for their pet. It might seem slightly tricky, but it is vital as you don’t want to give something inappropriate to the pet.
There is a possibility your pet appears to be sensitive towards CBD oil. Try adding CBD oil in their treats or meals and wait for the reaction. You can directly put few drops of CBD oil on their tongue with the help of a dropper and see if any reaction occurs. If all is fine, then continue with the proper dose.
Before you go and buy CBD oil for pets, you should know the weight of your pet. In many general stores and pharmacies, it is available concerning the weight of your pet. For example, if your pet is a sig, then for small, medium, and large dogs, the values are already enlisted. However, you can find CBD oil whose dose does not depend upon the weight of your pet.
The CBD oil you buy must have a minimal quantity of THC. High concentrations of THC are harmful, but low levels are not. You can consult animal or pet experts for it. As a general rule, THC should be in a very minute quantity.
Make sure you buy GMO-free CBD oil. GMO means Genetically Manipulated Organisms. GMOs are considered harmful to the overall health of the animal.
Is CBD oil for pets safe?
Most all pet-owners don’t have enough knowledge about the safety of CBD oil. Some people believe that it is marijuana. Pet owners should know that CBD oil is not marijuana. It is derived from a type of Cannabis plant which contains very little or no THC. Low levels of THC are not harmful to animals. CBD oil for pets can be ingested under strict control. Overdosing on it is not possible because even if the dose doubles, the THC levels remain low, which does not cause any significant problem. Therefore it is safe for your pets to consume CBD oil.
Before you start, make sure your pet undergoes a complete checkup. Also, consult the veterinarian and follow their suggestions and criterion for the administration of CBD oil for your pet.